Who Are We?
Welcome to Bethany Reformed Church, a congregation worshiping in the central city, working to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to our neighbors, our city and the world.
- Bethany is people who gather to worship God from all walks of life and from all corners of the greater Kalamazoo metropolitan area.
- Bethany is a family of believers who love and support one another.
- Bethany is ministry to a changing neighborhood within the central city through The Friendship House and a Loaves and Fishes food pantry.
- Bethany is support for our members and our neighbors through our Parish Nurse ministry.
- Bethany is a part of the Reformed Church in America. You can find more information about the Reformed Church at the RCA site.
Sharing God's Love With Family and Community
- Sharing God's love as manifested in the saving work of Jesus Christ through the teaching of God's word and prayer.
- Sharing God's love through effectively using our strengths and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to build a new generation of believers for God's Kingdom and reflect the diversity of God's creation.
- Sharing God's love through spiritual and financial support to our missionaries around the world.
- Sharing God's love through Bethany Reformed Church being a leader throughout the community.
What Do We Believe?
As a part of the Reformed Church, we believe:
- The Bible is the Word of God and the final authority for faith.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior of those who have faith in him.
- These beliefs are reflected in three creeds, the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Creed of Athanasius.
- Further, our beliefs are stated in three historic confessions, the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession and the Cannons of Dort.
- In 2009 the Reformed Church adopted the Belhar Confession which speaks to unity of the church and unity among all people, reconciliation within church and society, and God's justice. The Belhar Confession is available here.